Why Should I Hire Your Firm To Represent Me In My Case?
This is not just what I do; this is who I am. I wake up every day and look forward to representing mariners, seamen, veterans, and any other individual who seeks representation after being injured at the hands of someone else’s negligence. I am a veteran and a mariner, and have worked on numerous types of vessels, including a semi-submersible drilling rig. I have chartered cargo vessels which gave me experience in learning how contracts apply to vessel operations. There are intricate details about the operation of a vessel which most attorneys won’t know, and I am aware of where shortcuts may have been taken which could have exchanged your safety for profit…Read More
We feel for you, your loved one, or any individual who has suffered an injury – no matter how serious. Legally, that injury may have occurred due to the negligence of someone else. Even if you were partially the cause for the accident, Texas law may still allow the injured party to recover damages such as reimbursement for certain tangible costs such as medical expenses, property damage, days missed from work, and possibly others. Depending on the circumstances of the case, other intangible costs may be included as well. Examples of intangible costs include (but are not limited to) loss of life enjoyment or sleep, emotional trauma, pain and suffering, etc.
You’ve paid enough. It won’t cost you anything to call our office. And when you do, you’ll speak directly to an attorney – not an answering service or administrative professional. After our conversation, we’ll perform a pre-investigation into the facts before providing you with an outlined strategic action plan for your case.
There are a lot of attorneys and law firms out there. The choices can be overwhelming. Choose one who truly cares about you and your family. At The McNeal Law Group, taking care of our clients, listening to their needs, and taking action is what makes us who we are.
Stop researching your litigator and start reclaiming your life.
Personal Injury areas of practice
- 18 Wheeler Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Brain Damage
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Drilling Accidents
- DWI Accidents
- Loss of Limb
- Loss of Extremity
- Maritime & Offshore Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Offshore Injuries
- Oilfield Accidents
- Petrochemical Accidents
- Premises Liability
- hip Accidents
- Slip & Fall
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Vessel Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases usually arise when an individual is harmed due to the actions, carelessness, or negligence of another person or entity. Regardless of whether or not the act is intentional, a person who’s suffered a serious injury at the hands of another has the right to seek damages and financial compensation. Damages and compensation exist to help the victim of a personal injury incident return to a position in which he or she is made whole. In other words, the purpose of compensation and damages is so that the injured person can receive indemnification for harm and loss due to the actions or negligence of another party. Even though it may be difficult to pinpoint the exact amount a person should be compensated, a knowledgeable personal injury attorney can help assess and evaluate these kinds of cases to help their client receive the compensation they deserve.
If you are a victim of personal injury, it is highly advised to seek the legal expertise of a Houston, TX personal injury attorney who is well-versed in personal injury law.
Types of Damages
Since every personal injury case is different, the damages and compensation a person receives will depend upon the type of case and the circumstances involving the injury sustained by the individual filing the lawsuit. There are various kinds of damages a person can receive. Again, it will depend on the case and injury. If you or a loved one have been involved in a personal injury accident, it would be wise to consult with a Houston, TX personal injury attorney about your particular case.
Some common personal injury damages include the following:
- Compensation for Medical Bills: When a person is injured, it is safe to say that they will require medical attention and treatment for their injuries. Injuries can range from minor to severe. The more serious or severe injury, the more it will cost to receive medical treatment and care. Surgeries, ongoing treatments, rehabilitation or physical therapy, prescriptions, hospital stays, and long-term care are all expenses that should be paid for by the at-fault party. Medical costs can rapidly pile up, and the victim could face enormous amounts of medical bills. Therefore, it is only fair that the at-fault party pays for the injuries caused to the victim. Moreover, in cases where the victim becomes permanently disabled and requires long-term care, the at-fault party should be held responsible for the medical expenses the victim requires throughout the course of his or her life. Future costs for necessary treatments and care should be factored in as part of the overall compensation the victim obtains.
- Lost Wages: Taking the time to heal from injuries can take you away from work. For most people, if they are not working, they are not earning any money or wages. Lost wages is another common type of compensation that should not be overlooked in a personal injury case. If you are unable to work due to your injury, especially if you are permanently unable to work, the lost wages that are missed should be compensated by the at-fault party. In situations where a victim is disabled and unable to return to work or only able to partially work, lost wages should be calculated to include funds that would financially cover the victim throughout their life. If you are not working due to a personal injury, you should consult with a Houston, TX personal injury attorney to discuss how you can recover lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering can be challenging to calculate. There is no set number that correlates to certain injuries that determine pain and suffering compensation amounts. However, when pain and suffering is on the line, it is because the victim is suffering from physical, mental, and/or emotional anguish. Pain and suffering can include physical discomfort, depression, loss of enjoyment, anxiety, and any other negative emotion or pain that results from a sustained injury. If you or a loved one is suffering due to a personal injury incident, it is imperative to consult with a Houston, TX personal injury attorney.
- Wrongful Death: When a personal injury has tragically gone wrong, a wrongful death is usually the result. Unfortunately, since the victim is no longer living, family members are left to bring forth a lawsuit. Family members of the deceased are victims too. They are left with picking up the pieces and potentially suffering from economic loss if the victim was a supporting spouse or family member. Wrongful death lawsuits can help the family attain compensation for loss of wages, funeral expenses, and loss of companionship. When someone dies due to the negligence, carelessness, or intentional act of another, it is expedient to contact a Houston, TX personal injury attorney who knows the intricacies of personal injury law to assist you with your case.
Call Now To See How We Can Help
(844) 487-8732 | 1-844-HURTSEAMAN